Moschopolis 24 red dry - Pinot Noir Sur Lies - Assyrtiko ,Alc. 14% ,Monopigado Region,Thessaloniki ,Moschopolis Winery.
The Moschópolis 24 red wine consists of the world famous grape variety Pinot Noir (95%). The fine lees of the vinification process of the next year’s Assyrtiko grape fill in the rest of the percentage (5%). It is produced with grapes from a dry cultivation mountain vineyard, inside the Ursa (Bear) trails of Mount Pindos in Western Macedonia, at a refreshing altitude of 900 m above sea level. The wine, after fermenting with the spontaneous yeast from the vine, ages for 24 months in used oak barrels that come from their use in white and the rosé wine of the Moschopolis series. It is bottled unfiltered to maintain all its quality characteristics.
Bright and elegant, with smooth sweet fruit on the nose, full of rich and powerful berry and red flower notes. Slight earthiness and mineral notes will gradually emerge with aging. Bright red color with light violet glints. The palate is pure and elegant, showing smooth, precise cherry fruit with firm, spicy and grippy tannic structure. It is elegant in style, but holds significant concentration and structure to reward a long-term cellaring.
Non-irrigated mountain vineyard on Mount Pindos in Western Macedonia, at a refreshing altitude of 900 meters above sea level. Stone and gravel filled sandy clay based soil. An innovative vine support system is used, hanging grapes 1.8m above the ground and under the permanent cover of the foliage, with maximum ventilation. Pruning is done with double loose tendril and small interventions are made, when needed, in order to have the required yield of 5 tons per hectare. The high altitude provides the significant diurnal range and relatively low temperatures. This way the fresh character of the variety is preserved during the grape maturation process.